Thursday, November 23, 2023

Critical Reflection

Module Learning

At the beginning of this module, I always believed that the tasks of writing reports and giving oral presentations would be very tough and challenging to overcome at the university level. I consistently harboured doubts about my ability to succeed in this module due to a three-year hiatus from doing any activities related to report writing and oral presentations following the completion of my diploma studies. However, over the entire 13-week trimester, I discovered that the challenge was indeed surmountable. 

This module has taught me how to effectively utilise the PEEL framework in writing reports or essays to express my ideas in a manner that is both lucid and well-structured for readers. Furthermore, the module also taught me about the concepts of the Paul-Elder Framework and how I can utilise it to develop and enhance my critical thinking skills about a topic that I would like to research and focus on and to produce effective communications to readers and audiences about my research. 

Learning these two concepts in this module has not only sharpened my writing skills but also bolstered my confidence in crafting high-quality professional reports and research documents. It is also a great help to prepare myself well for IWSP in the final year of university, where extensive report writing will be a fundamental requirement.

Overall, I could say that this module has truly helped me to be confident in my report writing and presentation. It has a solid foundation for guiding students to be well-prepared in report writing and oral presentation for the future. 


Project Learning

For my team's research project, I took on the role of the speaker. One of the task was to communicate with my team members effectively and enable all members to understand the scope of the project and get the job done accordingly. 

Although the role seems simple to execute, I found it challenging to get things done. As everyone has their own opinions and ideas on what we should do for the research project, I have to constantly discuss with the team for all to agree on one feasible idea. Through that process, I have come to understand that maintaining consistent and effective communication with each team member is pivotal for reaching a consensus on our research objectives. I find this belief to be true as having consistent communication allows every member to be engaged in deep research on the proposed idea and to come back with constructive feedback to determine the feasibility of the idea. 

Furthermore, the research project has also enlightened me about why it is important to utilise the concepts of PEEL and the Paul-Elder framework in the project. Making good use of these concepts effectively could help us convince our target audience to consider and venture into our research proposal. Although I find the research project is just a of part this module's requirement to pass, I also found that this is a good starting point for students to learn about how a research project should done so that they can be well-prepared on what to do for other module's projects. 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Sui Yuan, for the detailed reflection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Prof, for guiding me on improving my writing and presentation skills so that I can be better prepared for the journey ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Assignment 1b - Reader Respond (Summary) Draft 4

The Lamborghini official webpage (n.d.) introduced the new Lamborghini Huracán STO (Super Trofeo Omologata) on 18 November 2020. The Lamborg...